What is a Foodie?
A foodie is an affectionate term for anyone who enjoys food! Food lovers, food enthusiasts, food explorers and regular people – our tours are designed for everyone!
What are Okanagan Foodie Tours?
A new culinary experience is catching the attention of foodies at tourist destinations around the world. Enthusiasts are falling in love with these “Food Tours” as a unique way to meet people, experience the culture of a region, and enjoy fantastic meals from a destination’s hidden gems. We’re proud to bring that experience home to the Okanagan as Kelowna’s original food tour company.
We offer participants a guided 3-hour walking and tasting tour packed full of amazing foods from local artisans, cultural commentary, and historical (and fun) facts.
Why take an Okanagan Foodie Tour?
- Food tours are a memorable way to experience the Okanagan’s tantalizing foods, cultural commentary, and to learn fun facts along the way.
- Tour guides are foodies themselves and pay attention to every detail to ensure a fun and relaxing, yet satisfying and informative adventure for fellow foodies.
- Chance to meet, support and engage with local food artisans, chefs and restaurant owners.
- Indulge yourself with unique culinary insights and sample delicious foods – taste the “best of the best”.
- Great way to try new foods and learn about new restaurants that you can visit again for the full meal experience.
TIP: If you’re visiting Kelowna, be sure to book your tour towards the beginning of your visit. That way you will have time to go back and enjoy the full menu of your favorite stops.
As we begin our 5th season I have to thank my tour partners – the restaurant owners, managers, chefs and their teams. Without them Okanagan Foodie Tours would never have come to fruition. And we are so excited to be expanding to Vernon and Penticton this summer. Life is very good and I look forward to sharing a little of our sights, stories, and, most definitely, scrumptious foods with locals and visitors alike.
Let’s ‘take your taste buds for a walk’ with the Okanagan’s original food tour company!
and in Vernon…
I was already actively following Okanagan Foodie Tours on social media when I contacted Nancy, founder, to see if I/we could bring foodie tours to Vernon. Much to my delight it was a resounding yes to work as a team and offer food experiences in Vernon, a city I immediately fell in love with decades ago when my grandparents first moved to the area. I’m very grateful for the opportunity to showcase this area of the Okanagan valley.
My goal is that folks not just eat but thoroughly enjoy a tasty and informative experience by devouring the best food anywhere and learning a bit of history-rich Vernon along the way. Know that we welcome you to take your taste buds for a walk here!